Friday 4 December 2009

Stalybridge League - St Georges A v St Georges B

Had plenty of practice yesterday so quite happy to be playing last night in the Stalybridge League.
We were playing our 'A' team so things would be tough. We lost the first Snooker match and the captain put me on I was play Phil who is a reasonable player I'm still on -50 he's on +25 so 75 start first to 100. He has to score 75 I have to get 150.

I have finally got to grips with the table and had a 48 on the same table on Wednesday so I felt confident and I hardly missed a ball, I set off like a train getting 2 x 20 breaks and a 23. I got a few little 10 breaks and within 15 minutes I was 10 in front and he had not scored. He managed to score 30 by the end of the game and I ran out an easy winner 100-55.

I tried to explain to our captain last night that I was really happy my handicap has dropped because now I really have to concentrate and put some effort into my game where as before I was just going thru the motions. There are a few players who can play so now I have to switch on and get on with it and watch what I leave.

Steve Cannon and I went on last in the snooker doubles giving 37 start but it was an easy win. We lost the match 3-2 but this leaves us in second place at the Christmas break which is not bad won 10 lost 2 for the team, I'm on 14/14 with the two cup matches.

Looking forward to the weekend got the EBOS Open at Bradford which was the Irish competition.

My Draw is:

Geoff Brassington (again)
Rob Hall - I have refereed him but not played him
Phil Davis - Quite looking forward to our return match hope I play better
Robert McCrum - One of the Irish player don't know much about him looking back at the records he has had a couple of 50+breaks so may be dangerous
Brian Watson - Don't know much about him, I presume he is the sponsor at the names match. I have a feeling I saw him play at an ABC, I think he wasn't well and I refereed his game for him.

Again my target now is 125-150 points per match and I have had a 30 in each match so again I am hoping to get a 40 within the 5 hours play. The only thing is you don't get many chances against Rob, Geoff or indeed Phil for that matter, really looking forward to the weekend though, only local and it will be nice to see all the lads again.

No comments:

Post a Comment