Monday 30 November 2009

Billiard Politics

It's quite funny really that over the last 8 months I have tried to understand all the different aspects of Billiards as a game and try to immerse myself in the game to try and understand exactly what it stands for.

However I can understand the beauty of the game and how difficult it is and how it should be the number one cue sport in the world what I can't understand is how the people who play this wonderful game who travel (as I have) all over the place with the sole purpose of just playing and enjoying the game can be so negative towards each other.

The latest spats have broken out on Billiard junkies, the same people work in both organisations ranging from the ref's to the players and yet they just can't get along and people wonder why Billiards and Snooker are on the decline again. Why can't all these NICE people who love these sports get together and stop acting like spoilt children. It's really silly I can fully understand why these sports are dying out with this sort of attitude around.

It's really sad that the same people in the EABA, EBOS EASB and any other of the multiple abbreviated groups are unable to work together for the good of this game. I know some people may take the hump with these comments but come on it's the game that matters not politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment