Tuesday 3 November 2009

Huddersfield League - Upper Hopton V New Mill 'B'

Bloody awful stormy night again over the Pennines again, this is the furthest club and very remote tucked up on the side of a hill in the middle of absolutely no where.

Nice table with under table heaters as the club gets very cold in the winter.

We won 2-1, my game was quite a strange affair I went on last playing Dennis Rourke who is a very good player he was on -60 I am still on +85 giving me 145 start. I played very steady just scoring in 7 and 8's, he had a bit of a nightmare game missing some easy balls and some easy pots. I potted very well but the table was really difficult it had a really wide throw so I missed many in-offs during the game so I stuck to my plan of potting his ball and scoring off the red when I could. If I had an easy opening I would take the billiards shot if possible.

The final score was 200-77 to me, he scored 137 I scored 115 so I was reasonably happy with the result he admitted afterwards this was his worse game so far. I did nothing really my highest break was 13 unfinished to run out.

Another win to me that's 5 in a row where I have just scrapped home. The team must be top of the league again after that win.

No comments:

Post a Comment