Wednesday 25 November 2009

Huddersfield League - New Mill V Brockholes

The weather was ok going over the Woodhead Pass tonight. We lost the first two games and I went on last against Mathew Peaker. I getting 170 start, Mathew having to score 300 points me 130.

I knew straight away things were going to be tough when he knocked in 48 on his first visit, he missed and I scored 10. He then proceeded to knock in 44, 38, 46 and 31 on his next visits. He never missed a ball and when he did I struggled to get going as he tended to miss long in offs which left the balls separated.

He got a couple of 15 breaks to finish off the game, I was totally outclassed I can't complain to much as I had won my last 7 games. The final score being 200-137 I managed to score 67 which surprised me as I hardly had a chance.

Still there is always next time, first match we had lost we need to win next week as it's Lindley who are in second place.

Also met a nice chap Mike Holding who had come over from Holmfirth to watch the game. He knows John Ingleby and has read this blogg. He is thinking of taking up Billiards and trying the exam. Hopefully we may get together for a game sometime. I think he will enjoy it.
As usual the journey home was like driving in a monsoon, driving rain the like of which I have never seen before. The Woodhead Pass was just a river, I thought it was bad luck that it rained every tuesday I think it some weird thing that only inflicts tuesday nights in Huddersfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment