Thursday 11 March 2010

Practice Silktown Macclesfield Tuesday

Not played for a few days so I was quite looking forward to a game with Wayne Holbrook. I arrived a little late after the alarm on my car stopped working. He was on the far left table which I really dont like it throws off and each cushion seems to give a different reaction.

I set my stall out and relaxed and threw out the negative thoughts of the table and pushed my energy levels up as best I could. (You must all think I'm mad)

We started and Wayne got a series of outstanding flukes all over the table, quite incredible really, but they didn't bother me I refused to get upset or let them affect me. We carried on playing and after an hour we were pretty level neither of us played well or badly just avergae and Wayne was about 20 infront. As time went one I really felt I was wearing him down with my positive attitude and all of a sudden I started playing a bit better and within the next hour I had about 10 breaks over 20 with a high of 34.

The better I played the worse Wayne played, even his usually outstanding potting started to go wrong. Now was this just luck, run of the balls or was it to do with mental attitude. I just don't know. I won by at least 100 points in the end which is very unusual as Wayne is such a tough player to beat there is usually only a handful of points between us. I enjoyed the match I'm not sure Wayne did.

No comments:

Post a Comment