Wednesday 17 March 2010

Oldham Snooker Academy Practice

Met Mark Carrington up at Oldham for a practice, we have not managed to get a game for nearly 3 weeks due to work.

We played Snooker first, the tables really are nice lovely Strachan Matchroom tables with very fast cloth. Well worth the 8 miles trip. Mark won the first game which was scrappy, I played well in the second and had a couple of 20 breaks, Mark took the third and I played well in the fourth to set up a tie break.

I played steady and got 38 in front but left Mark an easy opener with the balls spread across the table. He cleared up with a 66 break missing a difficult black for a possible 73.

Holding him to 3-2 of level start cheered me up and I played really well solid with my new less firm grip working well. I potted some lovely balls and used the relaxation and energy techniques well. Mark remarked how solid I looked and played.

90 minutes of billiards next , I played well at the start and got a few ahead, Mark played a little shaky to start with and then got going. He scored 11 points and then made it up to 56 by potting the red and could have just carried on if I had not called the hazard limit. He could compete at quite a high level in this game just by potting alone, but he does want to play properly. I beat him with a small 20 break at the end. My highest was about 35 nothing to shout home about but steady and I played some great shots during the match including a couple of decent run throughs and a couple of 90 degree kiss cannons.

No comments:

Post a Comment