Wednesday 21 October 2009

Practice

An interesting Billiards day today, went to the Silkroad Club in Macclesfield and met Wayne Holbrook and had a couple of hours practice, nice and sedate with no pressure made a nice change.

I played quite well getting 7 x 20 breaks in 300 up, Wayne is improving he still needs to work on his half ball but his potting is outstanding. He also informed me he met John Hartley at a snooker comp for the juniors. He managed a couple of 20's and right at the end potted my ball from a cannon and ran in 47 from the red. I pointed out he could only do 15 hazards off the red (45) which he found funny but it was a great effort.

The final score was 300-230 to me which I was pleased with I played consistently and potted well.

This evening I went to Stalybridge to play Phil Vidler at Billiards for a couple of hours. We had been playing 100 up and I beat him 100-14. He said 'I have been playing this game for 10 years and never had a 25 break how do you do it. Is it possible to show me how to play the game properly'

I then spent an hour showing him the half ball shot and how to play some basic in offs and cannons from set positions. He was simply amazed how you can get losers time after time from these set positions. We then played 100 up again and I beat him 100-45 and he had 2 x 15 breaks.

Nice bit of practice today got lots of 20-25breaks don't know why I am not getting bigger breaks but at least I am being consistent and steady. All the better for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment