Wednesday 21 October 2009

EBOS English Open

Just received the draw for the English Open this weekend. Thing's don't look good.

Chris Taylor
Roy Bacon
Geoff Brassington
Peter Stanyer
Jamie Barker

I expect to get thrashed by Chris Taylor, especially on his own tables that will be a nightmare he is devastating in amonst the balls.

Roy is off his head but an absolute gentleman although I expect to get beaten by a large amount he should give me a few pointers and I may pick up a few interesting shots from him.

Geoff is a man in form he seems to be playing well in all his comps at the moment, he has recorded quite a few 100's this year I can see the snooker player in him, but he has picked up billiards and is going to be the man who everyone fears over the next few year. he had a 48 and a 50 in the same game when I marked his match at leeds in the ABC. He knocked in the 48 in about 2 minutes. Very impressive.

Jamie Barker again should thrash me but he is the only player who I stand any chance against. I watched him play Phil Welham at the last ABC, Phil played really well and went on to win the comp but Jamie played below average. So if I can catch him on a bad day I may picked up 5 points.

I set my sites on scoring 100 points in an hour for my previous games I am increasing that to 125 for the next tournaments as I feel I have made some progress over the last few months.

My mate Steve is coming with me to watch, he is a pool player but thought it would be fun. Nice to have some support as Paula is looking after the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment