Wednesday 1 April 2009

First Real Game

Finally found someone to play. One the lads from Staybridge Church League rang me and asked if I wanted a game. I had asked the secretary to let them know I was after a game. We played two sessions of 300 up, Jim started off like a train going 55 points to 2 up. I could not seem to get going at all. I decided to try potting my way in the game and scored 12 and 9. Once I got my arm going I started scoring in 10’s and 12’s. But he kept his lead by doing the same. As I reached 150 he was on 210. He kept playing red in the middle and in off the red from the middle. I ran in a quick 30 mostly from middle losers and a couple of pots. I slowly caught him up and pegged him back 274-300 a quick 15 finishing him off.

Cup of tea later and we started again I had got going and pulled away straight away getting little runs of 15 and 20 on each visit. I reached 200 and he was still on 100. He ran in a 30 break and missed a simple red in the bottom bag. I was starting to cue nicely through the ball and ran in 45. I was very pleased as I only potted the red twice when I had no other alternative and managed to get to the top of the table twice. I did fail to get the white in a good position on each occasion but did score a few before going back up to the D to get a few more in offs. I ran away an easy winner 300 to 132. The break really pleased me I felt it was a properly constructed Billiard’s break rather than a snooker break. I hardly had to hit a hard shot.

The league has 10 Teams of 5 players and he is in the top 10 at Billiards. He thought there were only three other players who were better than me. A lad called Anthony being the best player. He had several breaks over 100 in the past and he would try to get him to practise with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment