Thursday 30 April 2009

Found a local League

I finally managed to track down a local Billiards league that is not miles away. It's only small having only 8 clubs but it's a start.

Charlie the manager from the Pyramid said he had seen someone playing billiards and he had got some details he remembered the name Paul and Roy and that they played at a Club called St Peters in Stalybridge on a Wednesday night opposite the Junglebar.

I went along at 8 on the off chance and met the Steward who told me to go upstairs and meet the players. They seemed a nice sort of crowd. The table was very nice but the balls were crap. I swear they were were the old bonzoline ones very heavy with cracks in the one of the whites.

I played a lad called Phil from the team 150 up at billiards I was a little handicapped by the balls but I managed to beat him 150-40. I played him again but had got used to the balls and ran in 20,24 and 29 to beat him 157-18. He seemed happy that I could join the team the standard seems poor but never mind at least it's local and it's practice. He did say that several players had got big breaks in the league and that the lowest handicap was -90 a young lad who was a good player.

Can't wait for it to start again in september.

No comments:

Post a Comment