Saturday 4 April 2009

Cannons

Another hours practice session, this will be the last one for a week due to holidays. I am determined today to just practice cannons. I feel confident in my losers so today nothing but cannons. Everything went fairly well got nearly all in the centre of the table. Drop cannons seem fairly straight forward if you really think about the positions.

I feel they are still rather a gamble as I am unable to guarantee position afterwards. If I get the yellow around the black spot and drop off the red it’s fairly easy to ensure you have a leave either a pot or loser off the red. It’s when you get a covering shot your in trouble. Still overall quite happy with the hour managed 15 cannons in a row before ending up going in off the red by accident, a quick 33 points. I managed to control the balls in the middle of the table.

You really need to ensure the cue ball in not stuck in the middle of the three balls but is always away from the other two or the position just becomes a nightmare and you have to screw back between the two. I did manage to send the white up the table and return it to a suitable spot for the next cannon. This was rather luck than judgement.

No comments:

Post a Comment