Thursday 23 April 2009

Doubles

Played my Snooker doubles quarter final last last with Mark Carrington. Quite a battle doubles but interesting. We were 48 behind in the first frame neither myself or Mark having potted anything. I managed to run in 21 with the last reds and got a snooker. After much safety play Mark cleared the colours for 27 to tie the game.

We won a respot black. The second game was better Mark had a few chances and knocked in a 42. They pulled back and I potted the last pink to finish it, which was the only ball I potted in the frame.

You might be thinking what has this got to do with Billiards. ?

I played Mark after the match at Billiards. I ran away about 70 up before he had got going.
As an ex-pro he can pot anything so I decided to show him a few shots from the Billiards Exam in particular the half ball loser, cross loser etc.

Oh my god I have created a monster. Once he understood the principle of the half ball loser and the drop cannon using the half ball he never missed and when combined with his potting and Knowledge of the angles it was a blood bath.

He ran in 34, 36, 45, 64 and several 20's all within an hour running away over the night. I did get a 21 and a 34 but he won 490-306 over the session. I know he still potted the red more often than he should but it was still outstanding.

I told him to stop playing snooker and take up billiards he has a nice light cue action he would do very well at this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment