Friday 30 April 2010

Stalybridge League - 1/4 Finals Billiards and Snooker

Thought I was already in the 1/4 finals but there was one extra round. Played last night over at Staly Vegas Snooker Club, Stalybridge playing a chap called Vas Patel in the next round giving him 36 start in a single frame of snooker. He played well at the start and left me nothing and I ended up 50 behind before I managed to snooker him a few time and ran in a couple of 12 and 15 breaks. Once I had caught him up I simply picked him off and snooker him to death.
I won by clear brown, blue and pink. Quite happy with that result a tough game.

In the Billiards I played Mick Campbell another young lad who cold pot really well. I struggled as usual against a snooker player one ball was always on the cushion after he had missed a pot. I double baulked him loads of times and struggled to get any breaks my highest was 29.
He was on +20 handicap so he had to score 80 I am on - 80 so I had to get 180 to win.

I just made it by about 15 points but it was a real battle never got going at all. 2 Semi finals supposed to be next week but I have the police competition instead. Going to rearrange them for Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment