Thursday 22 April 2010

Macclesfield Team Final Liberal Club Macc V Silktown

Played Silktown in the Final of the Knockout cup, played at Macclesfield Liberal Club on quite nice but very slick tables. I had drawn my mate Wayne Holbrook and we played first.

I was giving him 45 start for some reason when he should be giving me a start with his potting. I got off to a good start and quickly caught him up. Getting a couple of 20's, I got to 145 when Wayne knocked in a nice 50 break, I was pleased for him as it was his first 50 break in a match.
I score 11 and then Wayne managed a 15 and a 20 to win by 49.

It was quite a good quality match and taking the handicaps into consideration I only just lost. So not a disaster.

Ken went on next and won and Geoff went on last and lost by a lot giving them a 2-1 victory. Not a bad match and nice to be in a final.

No comments:

Post a Comment