Monday 11 October 2010

ABC #2 Cambridge

Picked up Steve cannon who I may point out was still in bed when I arrived (lazy Git), met Wayne Holbrrok at my house and over the Woodhead to pick up John Ingleby. Quite a car full and the 3 hour trip went quite quickly.

All the crew were there quite a nice club tucked away on an industrial estate the table looked very nice and first round I drew out Dennis Marr. He is always in the top 16 so I knew it was a tough draw.

We set off and I had a few really nice flukes to get me going 4 if I remember rightly and I scored off each one much to Mathew Suttons amusement who was watching. We played for an hour the table was very difficult and I had to avoid playing with side other wise the balls over reacted every time. Dennis was also suffering from the table and with 5 minutes to go I was 40 in front. he got going and scored a really nice 40 to tie the match but left himself an unlucky double baulk which he failed to score off. The bell went and we had to play an additional 5 minutes.

He broke off and I won the string putting him in. He scored seven and I got in and made a nice 21 off the red and potted his ball along the way. I left him baulked but he left me on again I scored 5 before the bell went.
Certainly my best ever result against a player who is quite capable of massive breaks he had a 200 last year in an ABC and a 135 in the league over in Liverpool.

My next game was against Ron Agnew who is just such a tough player to beat, Managed to scrape a lead by potting and a little luck he came back strongly and for 30minute I never had a shot but at the end I got a nice 23 and a 29 to pull away before the bell went. Certainly happy with that result but not my next draw Mr Mumford he really is out of my league.

We were on a really crap table number 7 If I remember, I held him for the first 30 minutes and had a 27 and a 29 in two visits before he turned on his top of the table games and knocked in 40,50,50,81 etc.
I scored 145 points he managed 300 so I did OK in the limited table time I had, A great day for me.

I finally met Robert Marshall who had a great 200 break with his new cue, he is such a calm modest chap he lost to Geoff Brassington who managed to run out with a 107 in the last 10miutes.

Wayne managed a win in the main draw, but Steve lost to Chris taylor but not by that much only 100 or so points, last time I played Chris he beat me by 300. A good day for all and a safe trip home.

No comments:

Post a Comment