Monday 6 July 2009

Denis Wood - Day Two

Back to Birmingham for the Plate Match.

I played really below average. I lost and only scored 99 points. But quite glad as it did mean I could watch the main draw matches.

Mike Russell was playing he was staggering he just seemed to be able to place the ball anywhere and score. He never moved out of position more than an inch or two. He ran in a 400 followed by a 300 another 300 at 200 and a few 50-90 in the same 90 minute game.

I wont go into details about the matches as it's all on the ebos web site. But Roxton played fantastic, Mike and Geet were dazzling. The standard was so high I realise I am just floundering and hacking around on the table when I play.

Still it was one of the most enjoyable weekends I have had for some time. All the staff did well. The refs were good. Peter Cooper makes me laugh he is always so happy and full of life.
Clive Scott as usual was a super TD. He seems to make that job look so easy.

Finally Thanks to Paul for giving us the chance of the competition on behalf of his dad. It's due to him I had the chance to play Geet Sethi, world champion. It's something to tell the grand kids about. I may have lost to him but at least I won the String and was ahead for the first 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment