Friday 1 May 2009

Cannon Practice

Went for another hours practice. I decided to play general billiards rather than practice any particular shot.

I have been breaking down around the 30 mark when I should be getting more. I have not been playing enough cannons. So today I spent an hour just playing drop cannons and close ball work. This seemed to go quite well and made a change from my normal routine.

I managed to get a break of cannons going, floating the white around the top of the table. If you can get in good position you can score 30 very quickly. I managed a 40 and a 56 just potting the red once or twice and throwing in a cannon every other shot. Again nothing to shout about but my ball control and thinking where my next shot is going to be really worked today.

I even played a shot Paul Dunning had show me with the white on the red spot and the red on the black spot. I played across half ball and gained a very easy cannon which also pushed the red over the middle bag. This left me two middle losers as the white came back across the oppsite bag.

I have noticed I am still not placing the white in the 'D' at the correct natural angle I am always a little wide so I am having to just move it a little left or right on a drop cannon. I know what the correct angle is but I am having to watch out for this all the time otherwise I don't push to red towards the bag and I hit it full in the face

No comments:

Post a Comment