Sunday 21 November 2010

Coaching

Over to John Inglebys (head EABA Coach). We had a half hour match which I won by 2 points, first time I had got anywhere near John on his own table. Played OK and got my arm going.

Now the coaching bit. John had me hitting a straight ball and gradually positioned my feet so my cue arm was away from my body. Simply doing this was enough to give me an extra 2 inches on my follow through. However it also meant I could not hit a ball. He also had to adjust my head position and back arm position.
I gradually started hitting the ball better and introduced a nice pause in the stroke.

To aid this he has a specially designed cue called a  360 Degree Cue rather interesting as with it I could not even hit a ball. I would cue up the shot swing back and the tip misses the cue. Quite staggering how it works. I would watch the videos for further information see  Gravity cue videos.

After three hours I was gradually getting the shots and feeling quite good with my game. Its going to take many hours to practice to stop playing my old style but I will put the effort in to improve my game long term.
I have work this week so monday is my next practice day.

Simply hitting the balls with that cue was so difficult. I gradually got going with it and could hit the ball failry often towards the end. I would recommend this cue to anyone suffering with cue action problems.

2 comments:

  1. This 360 Degree Cue is something new for me. I want practice it on my Billiards Pool Tables. Its quite stylish too. Please publish some more blogs like this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its quite different but interesting post. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete