Wednesday 25 February 2009

Practice

Still more practice getting a little better. I realised that this is a very interesting game; it’s much harder than snooker. To get any break at all takes very exact skill and there is just no luck involved. The use of side is vital to the game and the table makes quite a difference.

I have decided to give up snooker till after the police championship. Borrowed a cue from Colin off the snooker team, it is a one piece ash, seems a little lighter than my cue. Managed to get 33 mainly from in-offs and cannons, quite happy with that. Next time I will try to improve my positional play. I realise my cue action needs to change for this sport but not really sure what to do. I always was a good club player at snooker but this needs a fairly relaxed grip.

No comments:

Post a Comment