Monday 2 February 2009

Retired Billiards

Press ganged into playing Billiards for the police at the National Championship in Norfolk starting the 5th May 2009. This leaves me with 3 months to learn the game. Apparently the standard last year was very good with several 50 breaks. I was about 8 or 9 the last time I played billiards at Barrow in Chester. I know my dad was a good player I will seek his advice.

Start of February got my cue out and decided to go and practice for a few hours in the club. Not really sure of the rules but managed to download some off the web. Two points for a loser? Not really sure what this means I presumed a foul shot. Found it possible to make 15-20 breaks potting the red alone. I wish my eyesight was still the same really struggling to get to grips with my new snooker glasses. They are not so bad for long distance but close up they are very poor. When the white is tucked up against the cushion I really am struggling as my eyes can’t change focus from the object ball to the cue ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment