Saturday 13 November 2010

English AM

Went over to Chester for the English AM, my group consists of Dennis Marr, Peter Shelley, Wayne Holbrook. Not good prospects over 90 minute matches.

I played Dennis first I managed a very quick start getting 48 first visit, I scored a few more and got abotu 80 ahead before Dennis got going, he was out for revenge after me beating him in Cambridge. He soon got going and had 52, 53 and a few 40 breaks without me scoring much more. I got a few chance and scored 20's but eventually lost by quite a few. Thats the problem with longer matches the better player will generally win over the longer matches.

On the table next to me Peter Shelley was set, getting 200,170,100 in three visits poor old Wayne hardly had a visit. I was playing Peter next so I was rather worried. Peter out played me however I did win the string and managed to get 40 ahead, before he set off, I played very well in the few chance I got. Mainly because when he did miss he left you in a good billiards position I lost biut scored nearly 250 points and Peter got 500, So I did ok and he didnt make a 100 only a 97.

I played Wayne next the less said the better it was a crap game, I won by 30 points but we both played really poorly. Not a bad days practice for £ 20 entry and i gained 5 points in the rankings.

No comments:

Post a Comment